Wake Up America

Yesterday our President-Elect, Donald Trump, held  for the first time in 167 days a press conference. True to form Donald J. Trump found yet a new way to outrage me.

On Tuesday Buzzfeed and CNN both reported an unconfirmed report alleging that “Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump.”

Basically claiming that Donald Trump once visited Russia, stayed at a hotel and hired prostitutes to perform Golden Showers. Oh yeah and that they may have it on tape. Now given the fact that Little Donald feels entitled to “grab her by the pussy”, walk in on girls changing, and the that when fact checked, most of the things that come from his Twitter account are untrue. I for one think that this story does not seem so far fetched.

The claims made Little Donald very angry. So Donald did the only thing he knows how to do when being called out: bully, degrade, and try to silence anyone who does not agree with him.

Jim Acosta, a CNN’s Senior White House Correspondent, got lumped into Little Donald’s cross hairs when he tried to ask him a question. PEOTUS immediately spoke out to silence him by saying “Quiet…You are fake news.”

Trump silencing CNN as punishment for publishing an unflattering story about him is just…. I don’t even have words. And if this does not strike fear into your minds regarding freedom of the press which is essentially there to prevent the government from interfering with the distribution of information and opinions then I guess some of you don’t hold Freedom of speech as such an important thing to protect. Or maybe you just can’t see the bigger picture.

Now, I am by no means a Constitutional Expert but I am someone who fought for six years to defend the Bill of Rights. Among those rights the one I hold nearest and dearest to my heart is the First Amendment: Freedom of Religion, Speech and Free Press.

Trump does not understand that the First Amendment gives the press protection to publish ANY information or opinion that they desire.  How it is supposed to work, is if Little Donald feels that the press has published something false about him, he is well within his rights to try and sue for libel. He does not believe in free press. Don’t believe me? Read it for yourself. Here is a tweet from @realDonaldTrump

capture

Free Press Tweet

What does Little Donald want? A government ran media like they have in North Korea?  Our Rights are being slowly infringed upon and America remains asleep.

11 thoughts on “Wake Up America

1. jonolan says:

How’d you feel when Obama actually tried to expel Fox News from the White House Press Room? No, not fail to answer their questions such as Mr. Trump did – which is well within anyone’s rights – but to actually disallow them from attending anymore White House press briefings.

• jonolan says:

October 2014 for Fox News itself and the closing months of 2008 for he Dallas Morning News, Washington Times, and the New York Post, though the 2008 ones were merely refusals to let them board his airline (Sound familiar) after they published articles that were positive towards McCain.

As for who Obama would take questions from? I don’t seem to remember him ever appearing on a Newscorp venue or taking many questions from them during pressers.

• jonolan says:

Yeah, and the other networks defended Fox too, so there’s also that.

Personally, I like what Trump did because he doesn’t have to answer any outlet’s questions and he didn’t try to kick them out of the meeting. Now, if he goes further, “my” POTUS or not, I’ll have issues.

• momjawn3 says:

He is everyone’s POTUS, like it or not. Difference is there are no video clips you can find of any President ever belittling the Press the way Little Donald does.

• jonolan says:

That’s why I quoted “My” – People who call him “Little Donald” tend to be the same sorts who cry out that, “He’s Not My President!”

As for “Little Donald” – I bet you hate when I call Obama “Boy” but feel no issue with what you say.

• momjawn3 says:

He will be the President of the United States. I refer to him as “Little Donald” to reference his small man syndrome. You referring to President Obama as “boy” is referencing his race, and reminding us of the oppression people of color have had to face. I will not stand for racism on my page. There is no place for it here in this corner of the Internet and I will not stand for it in real life and will continue to call out people like you who try to degrade an entire race by using terms like “boy”. Have some respect for the 44 President of the United States.